Friday 7 December 2012

The Liebster Award

 My First Award


I've noticed that a number of blogs have recently been the proud recipients of a Liebster Award, but it took me aback a bit to be nominated myself on Tuesday last.  Even more surprisingly, I was given this aware by two fellow bloggers:
Now the rules normally state that the award can only be received once, but since both of these nominations came at pretty much the same time, it would be most ungracious to give either nominee precedence over the other.  My most sincere thanks to both of you!

What is the Liebster Award?

It seems that the origins of this award are shrouded in mystery, though at least a couple of other blogs have done some research and come up with slightly different versions: "You'll Be Fine" and "Sopphey Says".  Basically, it's a type of chain letter or Ponzi scheme where bloggers give recognition to their fellows.  That's good enough for me!

So, here are the rules for this award:

  1. Copy and paste the award on your blog, linking it to the blogger who has given it to you.
  2. Pass the award to your top five favourite blogs with fewer than 200 followers by leaving a comment on one of their blog posts to notify them that they have won the award and list them on your own blog.
  3. Sit back and bask in that warm fuzzy feeling that comes with knowing that you have just made someone's day.
  4. There is no obligation to pass this onto anyone else but it is nice if you do.

A Problem

Now, I'm supposed to pass this award on to my 5 favourite small blogs.  The problem is this: all the ones I've checked have already received this award (if your blog is in my reading list and you haven't yet received a Liebster than I apologise for my mistake.  Contact me and I'll make a nomination!).  I could just give such blogs the award again, but that's against the rules, I think.  Mind you, I cannot remember where I saw that particular rule; it's not in any of the versions on the sites listed above.

So here's what I'll do.  For now, I don't think I'm able to nominate any other blog, despite being very willing to do so.  Should I discover a new site (new to me, that is) which hasn't already had the award and which I enjoy enough to call it a "favourite" then I'll pass on the award at a later date.  How does that sound?

8 comments:

  1. The award is well deserved Colgar!
    I to was "awarded" one but didn't understand it, but mow that I do I think everyone I would have nominated for one has already got one too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fine. You may have heard the already awarded thing from me. I put a few extra strictures on myself. Even so it was very tough to whittle down to five. You definitely deserve the award.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't read a huge number of blogs myself and those that I do all seem to be in the same cluster where this award has been rampant recently.

      Delete
  3. Bravo, Hugh. Very well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again, many thanks. Though it's hard to believe that I "deserve" it; I'm just doing what suits me on the blog...

      Delete
  4. My compliments, a truly deserved prize!! ;)

    ReplyDelete