Sunday 19 October 2014

Zomtober 2014 - Week 3

<-- Week 2 is this way

Introduction

It's another Sunday in October, so here's another entry in the Zomtober challenge.  Once more, I'm presenting a duel between a survivor and a zombie - or is he?

The Duel

Today's confrontation is between Rebecca and "I'm not a zombie" zombie (INAZZ).  She's a straight build from Wargames Factory's "Survivors: The Women" kit, while he is one of Studio Miniatures' plastic zombies.


It looks to me as if Rebecca has been taken by surprise: she was just about to step forwards over the kerb when the guy appeared on the road to her side.  Rebecca has dropped her mobile phone (it's on the man's base), has whipped out a couple of weapons from somewhere and is in the process of spinning round to confront her assailant.

But is INAZZ a zombie at all?  He doesn't look very healthy, but maybe he's just cold, hungry, disoriented, drunk or has a bad cold?  His tee shirt says that he isn't a zombie - but since when did you believe anything that was printed on a tee shirt?

Both of these models are decorated with home-made tee shirt decals and have been fixed to resin urban bases from Escenorama.  You can read my mini-review of these bases here.  I haven't yet written an article about the tee shirt decals, but I will do so really soon - I promise!  Just be patient for a little longer, please...

Conclusion

So, who will win this duel?  It looks to me as if Rebecca is about to land a flurry of blows from her meat cleaver and katana on the unresisting INAZZ.  If he's a zombie then that's well and good; he'll go down.  However if he's really another survivor then will she have the presence of mind to realise this and halt her attack?  Or is she just reacting instinctively, too startled to do anything other than lash out?

Week 4 is this way ==>

36 comments:

  1. Absolutely cracking addition to your 'confrontation series'. Love the little stories surrounding them 'meeting up'. Really like what you've done with those bases too. Stonkingly good stuff. I can't help but feel though that Rebecca has clearly taken note of INAZZ's T-shirt as it clearly states 'Don't shoot', hence she plans on braining the dude instead :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Blaxkleric. Mind you, I think that Rebecca is probably acting instinctively and hasn't taken the time to form such a sophisticated argument!

      Delete
  2. Very clever coupling here. Hugh. I think Rebecca has already made up her mind - the guy's a zombie and he's going down! At this distance she doesn't have time to read his T-shirt. Besides which, if he is not a zombie he just has to say so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that she's committed to her course of action. I'm not sure it's just as simple as him saying "I'm not a zombie" in the heat of the moment, though.

      Delete
  3. Nice work. Maybe she is Caribbean chef there is a lady who sets up a stall in a local town and does allCaribbean jerk chicken etc and she always has cleavers and machetes on her chopping boards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, I hadn't thought of that! Being a chef might well explain the cleaver and the machete, wouldn't it :-) ?

      Delete
  4. Great stuff. I'm especially liking those blue jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read somewhere that 50% of the world's population wears blue jeans. If that's true (which I doubt, but who can be sure?) then it makes it easy to decide how to paint civilians :-) .

      Delete
  5. Great work C6!
    I think Rebecca is planning " to remove the head or destroy the brain". INAZZ is going down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree entirely - though she's going to get messy as it happens...

      Delete
  6. Another excellent duel Colgar6, with a lot of thought put into the execution of this pairing. Good stuff sir. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, pulpcitizen. I didn't think that this was my best work, but it still seems to find favour so I shouldn't complain :-) .

      Delete
  7. Zombie or not, he's still going down; cracking pairing C6.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely, Joe. It's going to be messy, though.

      Delete
  8. Very very nice combo,and great story telling :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Toni. There's not really much story here - just enough plot hooks for people to let their imaginations go free :-) .

      Delete
  9. This series is really something special, mate. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely wonderful, but there can be only be one winner here - Rebecca all the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she'll win the physical confrontation. But will she feel bad if she's slaughtered another survivor who was hard to identify?

      Delete
  11. Effective paint job and you even add bitz to the story line. Great duel. I believe the guy will not have time to say a thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the mobile phone was an added part - well spotted! I agree that it's all happening too fast for either person to change anything!

      Delete
  12. These are great! I love the duel setup and story. Great addition to the duels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, N667. I'm very pleased that you like it!

      Delete
  13. Well done. The shirt says "don't shoot", not "don't hack". Rebecca is following the letter of the law if not the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While that's true, I don't think that she's read the message and based her decision on the exact words!

      Delete
  14. I really like how you set them up as pairs and makes a survivor as well as a zombie. Well done yet again mate

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perhaps the not a zombie zombie was not a zombie in past, but is now very much a zombie? Better chop than be sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, it's hard to tell, isn't it :-) ? I think that Rebecca has made her decision: hack first and ask questions later!

      Delete
  16. These look great ... I especially love the freehand you did on the survivors t-shirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... or is it a decal? Looks good and appropriate either way.

      Delete
    2. The red koala? It is indeed a decal. I'm not a good enough painter to do that kind of stuff freehand, sadly :-) !

      Delete
  17. Those t-shirt decals are superb, a really nice touch that makes a big difference, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ZA. I'll tell everyone how I did the decals real soon, I promise!

      Delete
  18. If there's a zombie apocalypse don't take any chances if you think it's a zombie kill it. You are Not a long time Dead!
    Another nice duel. You do so well with the duels. Makes me wish I'd got my act together for Zombtober now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Clint. I think you're right: after the apocalypse the motto is "If in doubt, bash it about"!

      Delete